SUMMERTIME SWEETNESS WITH DR. PEPPER
*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dr Pepper®. The opinions and text are all mine. #PickYourPepper #Walmart
I think Seattleites say one thing simultaneously throughout the summer. You truly just can’t beat summer in Seattle. From Mt. Rainier shimmering in the distance, to days spent boating on Lake Washington, you really just can’t get much better.
One of my absolute favorite things about summertime is getting together for BBQ’s and beach time with friends and family. It completely brings back a sense of nostalgia and reminds me of sweet summer evenings from my childhood. There’s just something about the smell of summertime evenings that can’t be beat.
This year, we added some indulgence to our beach time and decided to add ice cream floats to the mix—topped off with delightfully refreshing Dr Pepper! Normally I’m a Root Beer Float girl, but after this little concoction we made, I have definitely switched teams!
These delicious floats are SO easy to make – the perfect way to satisfy all of your guests (and your!) sweet tooth.
(Swing by your local Walmart to pick up all the goodies you need for this decadent treat!)
- Ice cold frothy mugs
- Fun straws (if you’re going to indulge, it might as well look the part as well!)
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Dr Pepper
- Take said frothy mug out of the freezer (your float will be even more delicious!)
- Drop in a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- Top off with ice cold Dr Pepper
- Add your festive straw
- Enjoy (you deserve it, girl!)
Speaking of Dr Pepper, they recently introduced incredibly fun and festive designs on their cans—from unicorns to tiki totems, they will make all of your summertime dreams come true! Right now when you buy any Dr Pepper 6/15-8/15 this summer at Walmart, you can win some incredibly fun prizes to make your summer even more memorable! Simply upload your receipt at http://bit.ly/2pts8Qo to snag yo’ self some fun prizes like these!
– Spend $5, get a unicorn beverage holder inflatable
– Spend $10, get a Walmart e-Gift Card worth $5
– Spend $20, get a 6 pack can/bottle holder with ice pack
– Spend $40, get a Dr Pepper bottle shaped pool float
Now, excuse me while I head back out and enjoy this fabulous summer we’re having here in the gorgeous PNW! Wishing you and yours all the best this summertime season.